Saturday, September 12, 2015

Back to daily routine...




It's been quite a while since I posted the last recipe and summer just flew by like that. I soaked up the sun as much as possible and enjoyed the rough atlantic coast and rich croissants in France. I met inspiring people, slept, cooked and ate, read, sang and danced, lived, laughed and loved outside under warming sun and a sky full of stars. I balanced fruit on my head, enjoyed yoga sessions at the beach and even caught some waves (small ones, hehe).
And all that I did completely closed off from the outside world and separated from any kind of media and technology (apart from my beloved camera) which was a wise decision and probably the real cause for this recreative period and deep relaxation. I am grateful for the past weeks marked by leaving all global issues behind and being confronted with the most basic and primary questions such as 'What are we having for dinner?' and 'Where are we going to sleep tonight?'. I literally found natural beauty in simplicity and was reminded of what really matters in life.
This actual summer break is the reason for my long absence here but I returned reenergized and have a whole bunch of beautiful pictures and other exciting projects in the pipeline that I plan to share with you!
Taking leave of wonderful times often challenges me but finishing holidays does not only indicate the end of a period. Finishing holidays also means coming home. So I was welcomed back in the Netherlands by vast amounts of large sunflowers that line out the street I'm living in and wild grapes hanging from my rain gutter. Admittedly, the temperature is some degrees lower than back in France but the scenery is not less beautiful. 
Getting used again to closed rooms, electricity, wearing socks, packed working weeks and changing the we-thinking in daily issues for the I-thinking takes a while but one thing I truly enjoy is my oven (The only thing I really missed, apart from my blender!). So it's not surprising it's necessary for the following recipe.


Rocket Salad with Aubergine stuffed Pumpkin 
serves 1  

1 piece pumpkin (any type)
2 small aubergines
2 garlic cloves
1/2 avocado
2 tomatoes 
2 handful rocket
1 leek
olive oil 
sea salt 
pepper
apple vinegar

topping
black sesame seeds
sprigs of basil 




Preheat the oven to 390°F/200°C and wash the veggies. Halve the aubergines and place them together with
the pumpkin on a baking tray. Peel and slice the garlic into small pieces and sprinkle on aubergine and pumpkin. Cover with olive oil, add some sea salt and place in the oven. Roast about 45 minutes until the veggies are soft and tender. 
Meanwhile place the rocket on your serving plate, slice avocado and tomatoes and add to the plate. Slice and roast the leek with a little olive oil and sea salt at medium temperature until golden.
Remove veggies from the oven and place the pieces of aubergine in a blender. You might add some salt and pepper here, depending on your preference. Blend the aubergine at high speed to get a smooth and creamy texture. 
Use a large spoon to make some room for the aubergine paste in the pumpkin. Add the aubergine cream and place the pumpkin on the bed of lettuce. Sprinkle the plate with some apple vinegar and garnish with leek, sprigs of basil and black sesame. 
Enjoy this wonderful satiating dish which combines the freshness of summer with some discrete autumn flavors. 
See you soon!






                                                                                                                                      Johanna